Type of collected data
Portolani nv collects the following personal identification information:
- Identification data, such as your name, surname, date and place of birth, phone number, place of work, ID number, email address and the IP address of your computer or mobile when you visit our website;
- Transaction data, such as your bank account number, deposits, withdrawals and transfers related to your account;
- Financial data such as invoices, credit notes, the value of your assets, credit history, your credit capacity, financial products you are investing in, information on your revenues;
- Socio-demographic data, such as whether you are married and have children;
- The pages you visit on Portolani’s website.
We do not record sensitive data relating to your health, ethnicity, philosophical or political opinion, religion or beliefs. In the exceptional case where we do it, we limit it to specific circumstances, for example if you instruct us to pay a membership fee to a religious or philosophical association.
Children’s data is only collected if you provide us with information about children in relation to a service you request from Portolani.
You provide Portolani with this data directly, by registering online, filling in a contact request or when you use or view our website via browser’s cookies.
Portolani nv collects data from you in order to manage your account or to contact you if requested.
Purposes of processing
Portolani uses your personal data under one of the following legal grounds:
- To enter into and perform our contract with you;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- For our legitimate business interests, including client’s relationship, to prevent and fight against fraud and maintain security of the services or the infrastructure.
- When we have your consent, in which case, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Portolani may process your data for the following purposes:
- Administrative management of your contractual relationship with Portolani;
- Performance of the services requested by you in accordance with the agreement in place between you and Portolani;
- Improvement of client’s relationship;
- Personalized marketing based on profiling, including communication of information that might be of interest for you, general analysis of financial markets and environment, general considerations on types of investment, via newsletters, or other channels. Consent on receiving such information may be withdrawn at any time using the unsubscribe option.
- Protecting against fraud and data security;
- Internal reporting or reporting and/or replying to regulatory bodies or judicial courts in compliance with legal obligations.
We do not share your data with any partner company. Your personal data will never be sold or passed to any third party for commercial gain.
Portolani securely stores your data at a datacenter in Belgium. The security measurements at this colocation include electronic entry management, cooling systems, fire prevention measures and a power interruption installation. We implemented a multiple back-up policy, guaranteeing our clients business continuity and preventing loss of data. All personnel has multiple security layers on their computers and mobile devices, such firewalls, a proxy server and a virus scanner. Access to data is provided to staff based on job description and level.
Retention Period of Collected Data
Portolani keeps your personal data only for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was initially collected and to comply with our legal obligations. Data retention period therefore also depends on retention requirements stipulated in other applicable laws or taking into account situation where personal data can serve as legal evidence. Yet, in such case, personal data will not be used actively.
- Website visitor data will be retained as long as necessary to provide the service requested or initiated through the website of the Company.
- Event’s participants’ data will be retained for the period of the event, including any follow up activities, such as the distribution of reports, plus a period of 1 year.
- Client data will be retained during the client relationship or longer as legally required, such as KYC data and financial data to be held up to 10 years after the termination of the client’s relationship.
Your Rights as Data Subjects
Portolani wants you to be fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request from us copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Comments, Questions and Complaints
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +32 3 260 60 40
Or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an unresolved personal data concern that we have not addressed to your reasonable satisfaction, you may contact the Belgian Data Protection Authority via their website www.dataprotectionauthority.be